Thursday, December 3, 2009

Monthly Craft Challenge - Christmas Edition

Pin It now!

I heard about this Monthly Craft Challenge over at Blue Eyed Blessings from my friend at Three A's and a C. At first I wasn't planning on participating, but I changed my mind! It sounds like a lot of fun and I am excited to see what everybody else comes up with!

I decided to make a candy ornament for our tree. (I actually made two just for fun) It was really easy and they turned out really cute!


What you need to make this ornament:

- 5 pack of gum (I couldn't find the 5 pack of Wrigley's gum anywhere, until after I had already made them of course. So I just used 5 individual sticks of gum and taped them together)
- red or green mints
- pack of lifesavers
- Hershey's kiss
- carmel
- ribbon
- glue

I re-wrapped my mints and carmels in saran wrap because the original wrappers had writing all over them and it was bothering me. *lol*

I'm looking forward to making this ornament again when Dawson is older and he can make one too. I think it would be a fun project to do after reading him The Polar Express and while we sip on hot chocolate. (Speaking of The Polar Express, the movie is going to be on ABC Family tonight! I am so excited because I have never seen it before...crazy, I know!)

Also, I posted about another Christmas decoration that I made with my son's handprints earlier in the week. I love how it turned out and I am pretty proud of it so I'll post a picture of it here too! :-)




Check out Blue Eyed Blessings to see what others have made this month!

14 comments:

Christina said...

Love it! The ornaments are super cute.

Kelli W said...

Those candy ornaments are too cute! They would make great party favors for my little boys preschool class! Great idea! I love the handprint wreath too!

JACQUELIN said...

Love the ornaments, they are cute. I suspect my girls would gobble them up real quick. You little boy looks adorable in his Sailor suit.

Thanks for entering my giveaway!

Miller Racing Family said...

What great ideas. I love the ornament idea. I just printed out the post so that we can make these in our Sunday School class.
Thanks for sharing and have a fabulous day!

Rhonda said...

Cute!! I was just telling your friend I use to do the hand ornaments in a wreath when I taught school!

Love the little oranments!

Heidi Boos said...

I'm so happy you decided to join in the fun!! Those train ornaments are adorable and I LOVE your idea of doing them after the kids watch Polar Express (I have it set to tape!) The wreath reminds me of something we did when I taught 5th grade. We used it as our classroom door decorations. I'm a sucker for projects using handprints or footprints! Thanks for sharing and inspiring creativity!

QAMom said...

I love the trains! They remind me of the airplanes we used to make when I was little with a stick of gum, lifesavers and a pack of smarties.

Sherry said...

SUPER cute ornaments!

Sherry said...

SUPER cute ornaments!

Jenny said...

Both of those are so cute!

jennwa said...

Both are cute but I love that train.

Katie said...

Those trains are so cute, I love the little wheels. The handprint wreath is very cute too, bet your hand was tired after cutting so many out. Love the two colors.

Trudie said...

Wow! You always inspire me!!

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Oh my goodness, those are the cutest things ever!!!