Thursday, March 20, 2014

Disney's Frozen Family Movie Night

Pin It now! Last night we had our long awaited Frozen movie night!!! In January we had a Frozen themed birthday party for my daughter and I wanted to try my best to come up with new ideas for this movie night. There were a couple of things that I just loved too much and decided to do them again. :) :)

Before Christmas I found some Frozen wrapping paper at Walmart, I used that to make our placemats for tonight's dinner and I used some of the kid's Frozen toys to decorate our table.


No movie night is complete without family movie night tickets! The kids had to pay me with a kiss to get their ticket. :)



We used our Christmas tree lights to decorate a little bit. I would have looked so much better if the strings would have been white BUT the kids loved them and that's all that really matters, right?! I love doing fun little things like this that make the kids so excited and happy!!! We also hung up some snowflakes that's I've been holding onto since two Christmases ago. (I've used them 3 times now and I don't plan on getting rid of them yet!) haha




For dinner we had:

Anna and Hans' "Finish Each Others Sandwiches"
Elsa's Snowy White Mac & Cheese
Sven's Carrot and Raisin Salad
Olaf's Snowman Pieces (powdered donut holes, pretzel sticks, raisins, and carrots)

To drink we had:

Kristoff's Iced Koolaid


And for dessert we had:


"Some People Are Worth Melting (chocolate) For" Fondue with strawberries, bananas, and marshmallows to dip




And these cake pops that are too cute for words! I watched an awesome tutorial from My Cupcake Addiction and knew I had to make them.


And I printed out these cute little pictures and taped them to long toothpicks to stick in the fruit for dipping.


Yummy dessert!!


And for during the movie I drew little snowman faces with colored sharpies onto some clear cups for the kids to eat their popcorn out of.


We put some of our Frozen wrapping paper on their table, too, and put some Frozen pillows on their chairs.



And just for fun here's a picture of Ashlynn in her Elsa dress. :) :)


We had planned to play freeze tag and color some pictures but we didn't have time. While I was making dinner the kids colored and did some activities in their Frozen coloring book . They had fun with that!

Did you have a special family movie night? I'd love to hear about it!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Can you give some more information on this subject?
Cardsharing Server

Lorraine said...

Do you so have template for cake pops cannot find it anywhere. . Please post

Tbailey said...

We haven't done movie nights. But We are going to WDW and so to countdown the last 60 days, once a week we are watching a disney movie.
Would love to see a Alice in Wonderland cartoon edition.

T.J. said...

what a fun fun party theme!

T.J. said...

hmm, somehow I got cut off- anywho, a great idea for a party movie night :) My boys would love this!