Monday, March 18, 2013

Muffin Tin Monday - St. Patrick's Day

Pin It now! Hello! It's been awhile since I've participated in MTM! It's been awhile since I've posted regularly in this blog, too, but I've recently decided I want to try to be more active in here. I've always loved Muffin Tin Monday so I knew that I'd definitely want to jump into that again.

When I started thinking about what I was going to put in our St. Patrick's Day tin I imagined our tins turning out to be a lot more fun. I didn't really "plan" it and I think that was my problem, I'll try harder next week. The kids were happy with their tins so that's really all that matters, right? Right!


On the top row we've got a rainbow of fruits and veggies, with ranch for dipping. I put some pesto in the ranch to turn it green! Veggies include green and red pepper slices, cucumber slices, and carrot sticks. And blueberries and red grapes for fruit.

On the bottom row we have some lucky charms and a mini pizza on a whole wheat muffin. I toasted the muffin then put some alfredo sauce on it, then some mozzarella cheese, and a couple pieces of chopped spinach and then stuck it under the broiler for a minute or so to melt the cheese.



Ashlynn ate everything except the pizza, Dawson ate everything except the veggies! Next week's theme is Spring is Sprung! I should probably start planning that now so I can make their tins a little more fun next time. :)

Visit Another Lunch to see more Muffin Tin Monday meals. :)


AnotherLunch

For those of you who may not know us, let me introduce my little family to you!


I'm Jamie (the mommy), Dawson is my very energetic and smart 4 year old, and Ashlynn is my sweet and smart 2 year old. Dave (not pictured) is my wonderful husband and the best daddy in the world. :)

Thank you for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely lunch! The little pizzas look great!

bentoholic said...

Fun st. Patrick's day MTMs! Love that you colored the ranch green with the pesto!