Sunday, February 17, 2013

We need help and ideas!

Pin It now!




I'm sure most of you know that Ashlynn was born at 34 weeks gestation. She struggled with her breathing, eating, and gaining weight, and also had a scare with NEC disease (Necrotizing enterocolitis, usually called NEC, is a condition where the intestines become infected and can begin to die. The disease usually affects premature babies, although term babies may also get NEC. Necrotizing enterocolitis is a serious condition that may require surgery, and has a high morbidity and mortality rate). She spent 24 days in the NICU and less than a month later was admitted back into the hospital for RSV where she had to stay for 5 more days. I am VERY happy to report that she is now a happy, healthy, very active and very smart two year old! She is hitting all the milestones that a two year old should and talks a lot and really well. She's amazing and very much loved by everyone.


We are walking in the March for Babies walk on May 18th. We've set a big goal this year - to raise $2,000. We've got 3 months to do it! If you have any fundraising ideas please let me know. I know I've got a lot of work to do but I am so ready to do it!

One thing I have thought of is asking my friends that sell things on facebook (or etsy) to maybe donate something they make or donate a giftcard to their shop and then raffling off tickets to win everything that has been donated for $5-$10. I'd love to hear everybody's ideas or input on my idea. Also if you know somebody that would be willing to donate something (or if you yourself would like to donate something) please have them email me. (harrison.jamie@yahoo.com)

If you would like to donate right now please use this link to do so: http://www.marchforbabies.org/Jamie0811 Please share this link with anybody that you think would like to donate as well.

Thank you all for your love and support! :)

No comments: