Thursday, October 15, 2009

Book Fan Friday - Little Bunny's Bedtime

Pin It now! Is it really Friday already?! It seems like time has been flying by lately! We missed Book Fan Friday last week because we had so much going on, but we're back!

We started the week off reading this book:

There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bat! by Lucille Colandro

I was so excited when I saw this at the book store because when I was younger I LOVED reading There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly by Pam Adams and I LOVE Halloween so I just HAD to get this book!

I tried to read this book to Dawson 3 times over 2 days, but we never made it passed the 3rd page! He would seriously push this book away! He's never done that before. I guess the boy, at 11 1/2 months old, knows what he wants (or doesn't want!) already. So I have put this book away for now, we'll try again next Halloween. :-)

We ended up reading Little Bunny's Bedtime! by Jane Johnson which is a book that Dawson definitely likes!


This is a really cute story about a mama bunny that gets all of her kids tucked into bed and just before she is about to fall asleep the youngest bunny comes in and tells her that he can't sleep! So she has to try numerous things to try and get him to go to bed.

I really, REALLY like this book and I love how Dawson giggles as I read it to him.

Check out Three A's and a C to see what others are reading this week!

Also, check out my previous post about Kohl's Book Promotion.

3 comments:

Christina said...

I've never read the book "There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly" but I remember learning the song in school. I didn't know there was another! I saw the Little Bunny's Bedtime book (or something similar) at the library and almost picked it up... I'll have to get it next time.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh..I use to love that book too!! :D lol Dawson is so funny. He really does know what he wants!

Kimberly said...

Oh I love the pumpkin tin! Where do you get something like that?