Monday, May 17, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday - Birds and Nests

Pin It now!
Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth

Happy Monday! This week's MTM theme is Birds and Nests. Here is what we came up with:

Top Row: trees (steamed broccoli & cheese), nest (shredded cheese), worms (chicken noodle)
Bottom Row: birds! (chickadees crackers), bird eggs (blueberries), more worms (chicken noodle)

Dawson helped me decide what was going to go in his tin this week. Sorta. As I was putting it together I put some shredded carrots in for the nest even though I pretty much knew he wasn't going to eat them. As soon as I finished putting it together he ran into the kitchen and said "cheese!" And then a light bulb went off. Thanks Dawson! You'll definitely eat shredded cheese, so I swapped out the carrots for cheese. :)

He ate a little bit of everything except for the broccoli, he wouldn't even try that. I think we are going to try broccoli again next week for the Seeds, Plants and Flowers theme.

Dawson has been sitting in a booster at the table with us for the last 2 weeks or so because we realized his high chair had been recalled. We called the company and they are sending us a part to fix the problem but we haven't gotten it yet. I think by the time it does get here he isn't going to want to sit in his high chair anymore since he has been at the table for awhile now. I guess we'll see.


To see what others did this week for Muffin Tin Monday head on over and visit Muffin Tin Mom.

21 comments:

JDaniel4's Mom said...

We still havae the high chair in the kitchen, but JDaniel spends most of his time in his booster seat. I love the worm idea. JDaniel eats broccoli when it is called trees. I hope Dawson likes trees.

cupcake mommie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cupcake mommie said...

good morning, i've nominated you for the versatile blogger award :)
http://cupcake-mommie.blogspot.com/2010/05/oooooh-i-got-another-blog-award.html

Wic said...

wow my boys would love the worms.

varunner said...

Nice tin, and I really like your sponge bob placemat :-)

Christina said...

Great tin! The worms were a great idea. :)

Lisa said...

Great tin!! I love the worms!

Jenny said...

Oh, I didn't even think about having noodle worms and broccoli trees!

Mary said...

What a sweet child. He shows all the signs of becoming a great eater. I love your "tin" idea and will pass it on to my daughters. I hope yu are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

UtahJenny said...

I love the worms - what a good idea! Very fun tin, I haven't seen those chickidee crackers - very cute!

Robbins Zoo said...

I had such a hard time thinking of ideas. Your tun looks great.
So far I only really give out daughter a tin. If it comes to him on a plate or in a bowl, my son turns it upside down. How do you do it? My son just turned 1. Does this mean that there is light at the end of the tunnel? :o)

The Princess said...

Great tin! - You just reminded me I bought some blueberries - oh well - blueberry smoothies tomorrow!

Lindzena said...

So cute. :) I'll have to keep this in mind for when I'm mommy someday. Love the muffin tin idea.

Tom and Karen Mortensen said...

That looks good to me. I would have eaten the little trees. I love broccoli. Very cute idea.

Genevieve Le Bel said...

LOVE your blog! You always make me smile!

Jen said...

I would not have thought to use a muffin tin like that.

Mommyof2girlz said...

"Worms"..so cute and I love the bird shaped crackers!

Jingle said...

fresh, healthy, and cool!

Lizzie said...

What a neat idea! My picky eater is 9 and heck, it might be right up her alley!
Stopped by from SITS today.

www.aworkinprogress.net

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Great idea...bird's nests. Love it! Gotta love those chicken noodle worms.

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma, What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Carrie K said...

Man, you are so creative!