Friday, December 25, 2009

Book Fan Friday - Happy HoliDogs!

Pin It now!
Three A's and a C


So, I'm not sure if Three A's and a C is hosting Book Fan Friday this week since it is Christmas and all. But I couldn't skip this week even if nobody else is going to do it. And to be honest I am not really looking forward to Christmas... I want to try to think of it as just another day. Luckily Dawson doesn't really know the difference yet. Santa will still visit our house and we will still open presents, but other than that I want it to be like any other day. It's so hard celebrating all these holidays without my husband. Dawson and I have been spending time with our family, but when it's time to go home it's just the two of us again. Everybody else has a family to go home to. :-( Maybe I'm just feeling sorry for myself. I'll stop now.

Anyway, this week was another very special storytime for us because Dave sent another book and DVD for us to watch.

Happy HoliDogs! by Ed Heck


I put the DVD in as soon as we got it and handed Dawson the book. We watched it together and as soon as it ended he kept saying "dada" and would point at the TV. So I started it again and I grabbed my camera to take a few pictures.


Dada even wore a Santa hat! I should have put Dawson's Santa hat on too!


We watched it 3 times in a row the first day that we got it before Dawson was ready to play with some of his toys. We have watched it twice a day since then. He loves being able to see and hear his daddy.

Oh, and a little bit about the book. First of all I am so glad that it was Dave reading it and not me! It's basically the 12 Days of Christmas with some words changed so it's all about dogs. You have to keep repeated everything again and again and the list of things that you are repeating just gets longer and longer. And it's impossible to read a book like this without singing it. I've read Elmo's 12 Days of Christmas to Dawson a couple times and I am always out of breath by the end. *lol* Maybe I should make a video of me reading that book and then I'll only have to read it one more time! Genius!

Visit Three A's and a C to see what others were reading this week. And Merry Christmas.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

This is awesome! We have offered and read books to our kids everyday of their lives and now that they are all nearly teenagers they still want us to read to them every night at the table. Its wonderful!

Unknown said...

BTW, thanks for coming and commenting at Bee Wise Bags!

Christina said...

You know, I totally meant to do a BFF post for Christmas, but completely forgot. :( The story we read for Christmas was about the birth of Jesus. I'll be back up and remembering BFF next week! I just have to go find something to do with New Years....

RUBY said...

omg how cute!! and what a great idea I just told my husband next time he's deployed he has to do this. I love this!
BTW
You have an award over at my blog !!!
Here's the direct link to collect it :)
http://growingupblackxican.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-1st-blog-award_26.html

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Love that Daddy's in his hat. Hope you and Dawson were able to enjoy your holiday as much as possible. I'm thinking of you all and hoping that Daddy's home soon safe and sound.

Be back soon!

Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner?
www.MaWhats4Dinner.com

Trudie said...

aawww, Jamie, he is soo cute. My christmas wish for the 3 of you is that God will bless you and keep you all safe in the palm of His hand. It is crummy to be alone on Christmas and I think you are such an amazing, strong wife and mommy (and a woman in her own right!) to be able to do this. God bless!

Tiffany said...

I love this idea. My hubby is getting ready to deploy in February & we are going to do this for our two little guys! I love that they can see their Daddy whenever they want to!

Sherry said...

That was sweet! I love how your hubby can be "there" for your son without "being" there! I hope you had a great holiday! your son is too cute!

Unknown said...

I needed some wonderful posts for a Mommy Blog Carnival I am hosting and I included one of yours. Here is the link: http://www.jdaniel4smom.com/2010/01/modern-mothers-blog-carnival.html.

UtahJenny said...

That is so sweet - what a great way to "Daddy" from so far away!