Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Kindergarten Reading Update! {Magic Tree House series}

Pin It now! I know that we are only two weeks into the new year but I wanted to post a quick update about Dawson's reading goal!  We've already read 40 chapters! Now, mind you, he's only in Kindergarten and I'm probably doing 75% of the reading but I am really proud of him! I decided to use my Goodreads account for his books instead of my own because I don't do a lot of reading unless it's with him. I thought it would be fun to have a place to keep track of all the books he has read. He likes it a lot, I let him rate the books after we're finished reading them. Here's a link to his Goodreads account (that still has my info on the top... I wonder if I can change that?) in case you want to follow along Dawson's Goodreads.

He has REALLY liked the Magic Tree House series. He wasn't really fond of Mummies in the Morning because he thought it was scary. So if your younger kids are reading that, I'd recommend not reading it right before bedtime!!! It has a ghost and mummies in it, so yeah...

Another thing that is awesome about the Magic Tree House series (besides my son absolutely LOVING them) is you can go to magictreehouse.com to do activities and play games. You can also take a little quiz about each book that you've read and earn stamps in your passport. I love that they have that because I know that Dawson is remembering what he's reading and learning, too!

We should be getting the Magic Tree House Boxed Set, Books 5-8 today which is perfect because we finished book 4 last night!! Dawson has been telling Ashlynn (my 4 year old) about the stories he's been reading and they like to pretend that our school room is a magic tree house. Dawson pretends he's Jack and Ashlynn pretends to be Annie. I like how Ashlynn hasn't even read the books but Dawson loves them so much that he's sharing them with her and they play and pretend together!

I definitely recommend this series for early readers!!

7 comments:

latest-new-smartphone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
unknown said...

You’ll be pleasantly surprised by our low prices on kids’ playground equipment made from safe, commercial-grade materials. Our focus is on customer service and Deliver high-quality equipment.

kids’ playground equipment
Preschool playground equipment

Affordable.pk said...

Shop the best girls dresses baby girl dresses at discount prices from affordable.pk we only buy and sell high-quality and branded dresses

baby girl dresses

unknown said...


great work keep it up
canon.com/ijsetup

JamesOliver said...

Superbly written article, if only all bloggers offered the same content as you, the internet would be a far better place..
drupal development services

Tixle said...

This is a great post. I like this topic.This site has lots of advantage.I found many interesting things from this site. It helps me in many ways.Thanks for posting this again.
cheap hair salon stockholm

Tixle said...

A classic AC/DC t-shirt that will make a great day a brilliant one!If you are also a fan of classic rock band t-shirts then you will Click On This Link:

DC Universe T shirt