Thursday, January 1, 2015

Kindergarten Reading Goal: 365 Chapters This Year

Pin It now! My 6 year old and I were talking earlier tonight about reading goals that he'd like to have this year. We decided together that we'd read 365 chapters this year. I searched all over online to try and find a chart or log that we could use to keep track but I wasn't able to find what I was looking for. I'm going to try to make one tomorrow, hopefully it turns out!

We've read a few chapter books together already... a couple of The Boxcar Children books, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and Amelia Bedelia are the ones that I can remember off the top of my head. Oh yeah, and we read a few Spongebob chapter books awhile back, too. He enjoys chapter books and he loves reading! I have a feeling that we'll end up reading more than 365 chapters this year but I chose an average of a chapter a day so that we'd have time to talk about what we've read instead of feeling rushed to read just to meet our goal. I know that we'll miss some days here and there but I'm sure we'll make up for those chapters on days that we don't have a lot going on. Dawson usually likes to read a few chapters at once when we're getting to the end of the book because he gets excited to finish it and hear how it ends.

Anyways, if you'd like to join us, it's not too late! And if I do get that chart made up I'd be happy to share it. I'll keep you posted with how we're doing. We just started reading Magic Tree House #1: Dinosaurs Before Dark. He got this Magic Tree House Boxed Set Books  for Christmas and has been looking forward to starting them. :)

Happy reading!