Monday, January 25, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday - ABC/123

Pin It now!
Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth

My niece slept over at my house this weekend so we have a guest in our MTM post today! I usually do Dawson's muffin tin on Sunday so when I told my niece, Hailee, about it she got really excited to join in.

This week's theme is ABC's/123's. Because Dawson is so young (15 months today actually!) I always choose what he is going to be eating. So this was a first for me to have my niece (6 years old) tell me what she wanted in her muffin tin.

Oh! And I am super excited that I was able to make 2 tins this week because I bought 2 new tins a few days ago and have been so excited to use them both! (Please tell me that I am not the only one that gets really excited in the store when I find something that I can use for MTM!)

First up here is Dawson's tin:


Don't you just love the football tin?!

Across the top I wrote his name in oatmeal cinnamon letter of the day cookies. As you can see I was missing a "D" so I had to improvise and use a piece of cheese.

Top Row: PB&J sandwich cut in the shape of the numbers 1, 2 and 3.
Bottom Row: 1 strawberry newton, 2 heart marshmallows, 3 animal cookies


YUM!

Next up is Hailee's tin.


I couldn't pass up this cute heart shaped tin with Valentines Day coming up.

As you can see I was also missing an "E" for Hailee's name. But that's ok, we figured it out.

Top 3 hearts: PB&J sandwich in the shape of the numbers 6, 3 and 6 again.
Bottom 3 hearts: 6 frozen blueberries, 3 heart marshmallows and 6 pieces of graham cracker.

Hailee choose the number 6 because that is how old she is. She chose 3 and 6 again just because. :-) I let her pick her numbers and that is what she wanted. She also picked out her food. Yum-yum!


Check out what others did this week over at Muffin Tin Mom.

34 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your new tins. I am always looking for them too. The names across the top is such a neat idea.
Your daughter picking the numbers was a great idea.

They call me Mommy said...

great tins! Love the number sandwiches!

Christina said...

You've outdone yourself this week! That's awesome that Hailee was able to join you guys! Love your new tins and the idea to spell out their names in the cookies.

silly eagle books said...

Your tins are so cute! Where did you get them? I also love that you spelled out the names with crackers and that you let Hailee pick out what she wanted! Such a great job! Thanks for sharing.

monica said...

I love the new tins! They are awesome! The heart one is super cute and perfect for this time of year. The meals are great also. Love how you spelled out thier names in the cookie letters!

Amanda said...

awesome football tin! And I love the alphabet cookies!

UtahJenny said...

SOOOOOO cute! I love the letter crackers and your new tins are adorable! Yes, I get excited about new muffin tin gadgets, too!

Unknown said...

It is always SO FUN to do something creative when little guests are around- it makes them want to come back for more!

Oh, I I LOVE the way tou made their names- wicked awesome!

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

Jamie, this is just so cute! well done!

Can't wait for next week's Dr. Suess theme!

Valerie said...

I love both your football and heart tins. I really love that you spelled their names! I can't believe I didn't think of that :)

Amanda said...

Now I have to go to Micheals and get the Alphabet/Numbers cookie cutters after reading this post! I would love to this this number activity with my little one! Where did you find alphabet crackers (what brand?). Thanks!

w said...

oh i love your tins! i get really excited about new tins. maybe a little too excited. but still.

good save on the names. cheese is so handy.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Those are just adorable! What a fabulously creative mama you are!

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

So creative and love the football tin! Happy MTM :)

MaricrisG said...

Those are so cuuuttteeee! Love it. I bet Hailee had so much fun.

Sherry said...

cute football tin and its always better when guest are over :)

Mama to 5 said...

too cute! I love the football tin! :)

Sandy said...

What an amazingly cute idea! Make learning fun.

Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day!

Lisa @ Our Country Road said...

Too cute! I love how you matched the number with the quantity. Adorable new tins! No, you are not the only one who gets excited about new MTM items. I went to the store specifically to find new tins this weekend. Love the football tin.

Marshmallow Circus said...

What super cute ideas! I need to check out all the tin posts. :)

gina said...

I never heard of muffin tin monday but I'm intrigued. Even though my youngest girls are 5 and 7- my 7yo is VERY picky and this might help.

I'm Losing It said...

So cute!!! =)

Ginny Marie said...

Those muffin tins are so cute! I think I need some! :)

Unknown said...

Awww they are so cute!! :D

Joanne said...

Stopping by from SITS - love the muffin tins!

Joanne @ Ready, Set, Craft!
http://www.readysetcraft.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

LOVELY!
very fun and creative!

Katinka said...

Stopping by from SITS and wishing you an awesome day!!!!
Cute Blog!!!! :)

Lindsay Rudolph said...

Very cute! I am a mom that cuts sandwiches into shapes too.

Stoppin' by from SITS! Have a good one!

Jeannie, Jane, Angel, Mommy, etc.. said...

Stopping by from SITS! I never knew about MTM. I am going to have to go check it out!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Oh my gosh that is such a cute idea!

Stopping by from SITS!

Lia at Petite Little Bee said...

Hi: Love your pictures. Your children are adorable. Cheers, Lia

MrsMonicaLB said...

too cute!
stopping by from SITS

Danielle said...

Stopping by from SITS. I adore the heart muffin tin. And your son, and neice are too cute!!

xoxo
Danielle

Sherri said...

Absolutely love the muffin tins!!!