Monday, April 26, 2010

Mickey Mouse Cupcakes

Pin It now! While we were at Disneyland a couple of weeks ago I bought a few things that I thought would be perfect for our muffin tin meals. This week there wasn't a set theme for Muffin Tin Monday, so I decided it would be the perfect time to do our own Mickey Mouse theme. And it gave me the perfect excuse to make these Mickey Mouse cupcakes that I have been thinking about for a couple of weeks now. They didn't turn out quite as perfect as I had imagined, but they are still pretty cute and pretty easy to make.


I baked some cupcakes, frosted them and then dipped them in crushed up Oreos. For the ears I used mini Nilla wafers, frosted those and dipped them in crushed up Oreos, too. And the buttons on front are white confetti sprinkles.

If you wanted to make some Minnie Mouse cupcakes, too, these red and white polka dot baking cups from Bake It Pretty would be perfect for them! And then you wouldn't have to stick on a whole bunch of confetti to make it look like Minnie's dress. For the bow you probably find some candy that would work, or just piping out some colored frosting in the shape of a bow would be pretty easy. Ok, now I want to make Minnie cupcakes!

I'm happy with Mickey for now though.


I used Mickey sprinkles on some of the cupcakes, too.


Sooooooooooooo yummy!

3 comments:

Christina said...

Very cute! You did such a great job. I can't wait to see his muffin tin. :)

Unknown said...

I love all the Mickey things. Muffin tin items are so tempting to buy.

Amanda said...

Love it!I can't wait to try some of your ideas in the weeks before our Disney Adventure!